Sunday, November 20, 2011

Journal Decorating!

So, this is not a difficult project, but! I thought I'd still post some steps on how I decorated my journal/sketchbooks. I have two that I decorated. (One is the journal, and then the other is the sketchbook on the bottom left.)
Step 1: Get a bunch of magazines to get cut outs from!
Step 2: Get scissors and your book you would like to decorate.
Step 3: Start cutting and placing the pieces of the magazine the way you like it.
Step 4: Buy a spray adhesive, I found Scotch super 77, and it worked great.
After you've found that, make sure you spray about 6-8 inches away from the surface and wait about 10 seconds before sticking the clippings to the journal.
Step 5: Once you've stuck all the pieces on trim the sides. It's hard to get everything lined up perfectly so just sticking them on and then trimming after is easiest and looks cleaner.
Step 6: Decorate with whatever you want! Obviously this journal was decorated with some scrapbook stuff I had, and the one on the bottom left was left with just the clippings.
This was fun and super super easy, and now my journals and sketchbooks like much more interesting than they did before!

1 comment: