Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Get Inspired

I currently live in Kirksville, Missouri.
No offense to this place, but it's nothing like a city, which a playground for inspiration.
I think most people can say here, that many of the people dress the same, act the same, listen to the same music, etc. ...but there are the few who don't.
And with these people, we're on a mission to find things that can inspire us in a place that would typically be uninspiring, so here we go.

First inspiration in awhile:
Florence + the Machine's new album -- Ceremonies.
It really makes any type of artist get inspired. It's so different compared to the things I've been hearing.
I either hear those same old indie bands, with the male singer with the quirky (most likely foreign voice) mixing old sounds with some new ones, OR I hear the stuff people listen to here...which is pop...which is also my least favorite music to listen to ever...EVER.
But I think Florence is really giving a new definition to pop. We're progressing? Woa, a band that isn't channeling our generation's obsessionwith retro shtuff. Needless to say I'm inspired. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment